Lead QC Engineer – Japan
Job ID : Lead QC Engineer - Japan
1. Preparation of RFI (Request for Inspection) and sending it to the Inspection Coordinator in overseas offices
2. Participation in PIM (Pre-Inspection Meeting) for critical order
3. Communication with Inspection Coordinator in overseas oﬃces
4. Instruction/Coordination for shop inspection activities with shop inspectors
5. Reporting to the Project QC manager
6. Review of requisitions and purchase orders
7. Review and approve vendors’ QC documents such as inspection procedure, ITP (Inspection and Test Plan), NDE procedure, PWHT
procedure, and WPS/PQR.
8. Coordination of non-conformance for disposition and corrective actions with Discipline Engineers
9. Review of the inspection report from shop Inspectors
10. Conﬁrmation of IRC (Inspection Release Certiﬁcate)
11. Approval of vendor’s inspection and test records.
12. Supervises and guides QCE work.
13. Supports/assists PQCM/DPQCM in managing the execution of QC activities.
Assignment Period: From Nov 2022 / To Apr 2024
Contract Period: 2 years
Contract Location: Japan
Formal Education - Minimum: Diploma in Mechanical/Material/Electrical Engineering for assigned category.
Experience - Minimum: 5 years of Oil & Gas/Petrochemical project
Reports to: Project QC Manager.
General Skills for the Business Environment:
A high standard of English language ability both written and spoken. Ability to use the Microsoft Office environment in all aspects of daily work. Highly ethical – accountable for actions and statements.
The leadership qualities to lead, delegate tasks and organize the team.
Ability to understand and interpret complex problems and explain them to others. High attention to detail and proactive follows up.
The willingness to take responsibility as delegated and make decisions at appropriate times within the authority level.
Striving for excellence in efficiency, safety, and profitability.
Specific Skills Required for the Position:
1) ASNT, CSWIP, PCN, or Equivalent NDE certificate with a minimum level 2 (For NDE QCE)
(2) NACE CIP with a minimum level 2 or Equivalent certificate (For Coating QCE)
(3) CSWIP with a minimum 3.1 or Equivalent certificate (For Welding QCE)
(4) Experience as Home Office QC Engineer for Rotating equipment in EPC Contractor (For Rotary QCE)
(5) Experience as Home Office QC Engineer for instrumentation in EPC Contractor (For Instrument QCE)
(6) Experience as Home Office QC Engineer for electrical equipment in EPC Contractor (For Electrical QCE)
(7) Comprehension of related codes and standards such as ASME, AWS, API, NACE, and ISO.
Interested applications may email WORD CV and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org