Job ID :Job Description:
The Vessel Manager has ultimate responsibility and accountability for the safe, environmentally
sound, efficient, and cost effective performance of the ships and personnel assigned to him/her. On
the ships assigned to him, he is responsible for:
1) Ensuring that technical and administrative support is provided.
2) Empowering his team, both ashore and on-board the ships, and providing them with necessary
authority to fulfill their roles.
3) To ensure that the ships are being managed in a safe, environmentally sound and cost effective
manner in accordance with the terms of the Company’s Safety Management System and any other
criteria necessary for compliance with relevant regulatory bodies.
4) To properly close all vetting, audit and investigation observations to prevent recurrence.
5) To monitor and control the expenditure and budget
Anticipate & drive assigned vessel operational requirements, including:
• Provide Technical and Operational support and guidance to assigned vessels
• Ensure timely and cost effective supply of stores and spares
• Arrange attendance of service engineers and contractors and consult manufacturers for
specialist advice and guidance where required
• Ensure frequent interaction with ships staff including conducting operational calls with the
vessels senior management team
• Monitor the vessels defect list for upcoming dry-docks
• Arrangement of all dry-dock activities including yard supervision and analysis of costs