Job ID :Job Description:
Background/Scope of Services:
OSP Quality Manager will be responsible for a wide range of quality, assurance, management, control, audit inspection and surveillance planning activities. Scope of responsibilities initially will be managing the Fabrication of the HVDC Offshore Platform and sub-structure quality. Additionally, dependent upon workload, support the Fabrication Manger is execution of his duties.
The OSP Quality Manager will be expected to:
Work with Project and Contractors Teams to manage Quality in accordance with the RWER Asset Management System including but not limited to Quality Directive, Quality Management Framework and the Project Management System including Project Quality Systems and protocols, to:
• Implement requirements contractual and corporate.
• Enforce contractual requirements quality and technical, when necessary.
• Monitor conformance and expedite progress of the works and report upon it.
• Write surveillance plans and other QA documentation in order to implement a fit for purpose quality management system.
• Review, comment and approve quality plans, inspection & test plans, as-built record packs and other quality related documentation submitted by
the Contractor and his Subcontractors in liaison with the appropriate Package Managers/Engineers.
• Expedite required quality documentation that is not forthcoming.
• Planning and management arrangement of surveillance of production and inspection of equipment at manufacturing works or site.
• Receiving notification of Intervention/Witness Points (WP) and expediting expected WP where notifications are not received.
• Manage multi-disciplined teams of inspectors in Batam, Indonesia.
• Arrange for members of the engineering team or other specialist inspectors to attend the contractor’s and his subcontractors’ works to carry
out inspection and surveillance utilising internal and external resources.
• Receive, log and analyse reports.
• Conduct inspections within own engineering competency.
• Identify non-conformance, requesting & agreeing corrections and corrective close out.
• Attend Project and Contractor Project Quality Meetings, including but not limited to:
o Package Meetings.
o Progress Meetings.
o Quality Meetings Weekly.
o Haz-ID Meetings.
o Design Review Meetings.
o Escalation Meetings.
o Early Warning and Risk Reduction Meetings.
o Risk Meeting.
• Report on progress/escalate to the Fabrication Manager, Lead Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, and Package Managers.
• Ensure Snagging and punch list rectification is tracked and auditable.
• Write and partake in Lessons Learned/Knowledge Capture Sessions.
• Share knowledge with other RWE Renewables Projects at regular quality meetings.
• Any other additional Quality tasks as directed by the Quality Manager or Project Teams.
The position is in BATAM, Indonesia Fabrication Yard. The successful candidate will be expected to be a team player.
The successful candidate will be expected to have a Passport and have necessary vaccinations to enable travel in the course of their duties worldwide.
• Worked for Fabricator/Manufacturer with 10 years plus in supervisory position or above role.
• Worked within the Onshore and Offshore Fabrication Industry as a Quality Engineer or Inspection Engineer (other industries with transferrable
skills may be considered).
• Fabrication Experience from either a client Inspection and or Fabricator background.
• Experience working in Fabrication environments on offshore structures, such as OSP, Converter platforms, Monopiles, Transition pieces, etc.
• Experience of LV fit out, “e. g. LV Power Lighting, Fire Systems”.
• Experience of Offshore M&E fit out desirable.
• Knowledge of Davit Crane manufacture, Testing, Installation and Commissioning.
• Able to manage multi-disciplined inspectors outside own sphere of technical expertise escalating issues for the package for/including:
o Electrical HV/LV.
o Fabrication and Welding.
• Good understanding of Fabricators and their manufacturing/forging/galvanising supply chain, with marketplace intelligence on performance.
• Able to demonstrate a good understanding of quality requirements and risks in onshore and offshore environment and the associated standards.
• Experienced in dealing with contractors/sub-contractors and supply chain monitoring for compliance.
• Fluent written & verbal English/other languages as required by region.
• Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of Inspection and Test Plans, Project Quality Plans and implementation of tailored Quality
• Able to review as-builts from a quality perspective, ensuring engineering (where appropriate) review the documents.
• IT literate in Microsoft, word, excel, power point and outlook.
• Understanding of UK/European Directives and their applicability to Offshore Structures.
• Understanding of ISO, EN, ASNT, AWS, IECRE, CIGRE and DNV/GL Manufacturing and Fabrication standards.
• Management of the processes from a skill set is appropriate rather than in-depth knowledge.
• Able to work with minimal supervision in remote locations.
• Degree qualified engineer or time served apprentice with a minimum of HNC qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering or maintenance
discipline (Structural, Mechanical, or Civil).
• Welding engineer/technician IWE/EWE/IWT or have significant experience.
• CSWIP 3. 1 certification/or have held it or have significant knowledge.
• PCN Level 2 in DP, VT, MT, UT and RT/or have held it/significant knowledge.
• RT interpretation an advantage.
• Coating level ICORR/FROSIO/NACE/BGAS/CSWIP or significant experience.
o Health and Safety qualifications as required or be prepared to attain:
o IOSH Managing Safely /IOSH Foundation Course in Risk Management.
o Advanced Wind Turbine Safety training (Fire, HV, HazMat).
o Safety Passport.
o NGET Training.
o GWO Certificate in Offshore Wind Energy Basic Safety Training.
o GWO Working at heights & Rescue.
o GWO First Aid at work, Manual Handling and Fire Awareness.
o GWO Sea Survival.
o OPITO HUET.
o Medical Certification OG-UK (offshore).
o Chester Step Test.
• Level 3 or above on NQF in Management/Supervisory Management.
• ISO 9001-2015 Lead Auditor/previously held qualification or equivalent.
• Member of the CQI.
• Member of the Chartered Quality Institute.
• Lean Practitioner or Six sigma i.e. Yellow belt.
• Second or third-party auditing experience.
• IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate.
• UK Renewables Tower Climbing Course.
To start Feb 2022, until February 24
• Local Indonesian
• Ex-pat living in Batam, Indonesia.