Job ID :Job Description:
We are looking for a Certified Lifting Inspector to oversee and carry out Lifting Gear Inspection on a rig in Singapore.
• Ensure that personnel working in the area under its responsibility, who are involved in crane inspection, receive the correct training and certifications for their tasks.
• Ensure that personnel do not carry out any tasks for which they are not trained.
• Ensure that all personnel are aware of and comply with the contents of this procedure and consistently implement best practices.
• Maintain and update inspection records of lifting equipment and cranes under his responsibility.
• Liaise with the Campaign Inspection Team (Competent Person & NDT Inspectors) during the lifting inspection campaign.
• Coordinate and liaise with relevant users to smooth the operation.
• Ensure that every item of lifting equipment is made ready for inspection.
• Ensure that inspection materials and consumables are readily available.
• Arrange field transportation as required.
• Inform the maintenance department of minor remedial work to be undertaken on lifting equipment for re-inspection prior to the end of an inspection campaign.
• Manage to mobilize Certifying Authority personnel to the site, when required.
Qualifications of Lifting Equipment Certifying Inspector shall meet all of the following requirements:
a) Successfully complete “Portable Lifting Equipment Inspector” training course arranged by a recognized training institute or in-house training.
b) Five years of experience in execution and/or supervision for lifting equipment inspection, testing, and fabrication activities.
c) Familiar with COMPANY’s lifting inspection procedures and related guidelines.
d) Familiar with International standards related to crane and lifting equipment such as API 2C & 2D, API 9A & 9B, ASME B30 X Series, DNV27-1, EN12079-1, etc.
e) Successfully complete NDT Training and capable to witness/monitoring/evaluating NDT in visual, MT and PT methods.
f) Familiar with welding inspection in accordance with relevant ASME and AWS codes.